We welcome all formal and informal contact with parents and provide opportunities for teachers and parents to meet together. We feel that our effectiveness as teachers is greatly increased when we have the co-operation and support of the children’s parents.
We like parents to feel welcome to discuss their children with us at any time, or to make known any worries or problems that arise. To assist with the organisation of the school, it is helpful if telephone calls can be made before 9.00am or after 3.20pm except, of course, in an emergency.
We aim to keep parents regularly informed of the details of school life in the following ways:
- Blogs will be updated regularly. See link at the top of the page for 'Blogs'.
- Communication and updates are sent via our school App.
- Paper newsletters are sent home regularly with the children. You can download copies of past newsletters on this website. Copies of letters sent home can also be viewed and downloaded.
- Parents Evenings are arranged twice a year in term two and four, and a list of times and dates are sent to parents so that mutually convenient times can be chosen to discuss children’s progress. Following the issue of school reports in term six, teachers will make themselves available on an additional evening for those parents who wish to have further discussions.
- If you have something to discuss which cannot wait until a parent’s evening, please do contact your child’s teacher to arrange a mutually convenient time for discussion. Please send any email communication via the office (firstname.lastname@example.org). During term time we will acknowledge receipt within 24 hours and aim to respnd within 48 hours.
- Talks, discussions and demonstrations are held which keep parents in touch with the curriculum developments and teaching methods.
If you have any problems, or cause for concern with any aspect of school life, please discuss the matter with your child’s class teacher first, then the Headteacher or subsequently a School Governor. In the unlikely event that the problem cannot be resolved informally, you are entitled to follow the formal complaints procedure operated by the County. A copy of this is available on the website. Please note this is currently under review by Governors