The dress code is based upon the school colours of navy blue, grey and white and is designed to be as flexible as possible, emphasising smartness, practicality and economy.
The dress code/uniform consists of the following:
- Grey trousers (long or short); white polo shirt, navy blue school sweatshirt *
- White, grey or navy socks.
- Grey skirts, trousers or pinafore dress;
- white polo shirt, pale blue gingham dress (summer term only - Easter to July) navy blue school sweatshirt or school cardigan*
- White, grey or navy tights or socks.
- Small headbands or bows in school colours
* The school sweatshirt, cardigans and PE t-shirts are embroidered with the school logo. These and other school clothes are available from our new suppliers 'Brigade'. Click here for their website and easy online ordering.
We also offer, as optional extras, a summer cap and a winter hat embroidered with the school logo.
Outdoor footwear needs to be black or navy blue leather shoes and low heeled. Please note that trainers are not allowed as outdoor shoes. If they are necessary, in special circumstances only, please inform us in writing.
Indoor footwear (black plimsolls with non-marking soles) will be required to change into at all times inside the school building. Please check regularly that these are in good order.
P.E. and Games
It is a requirement for participating in P.E. and Games to have a suitable change of clothing and footwear. In the interest of practicality, safety and equality, we would ask for the support of parents in this area. Because of the nature of P.E. and Games activities, it would appear ill advised for children to wear expensive clothing.
Suggested clothing for P.E.
- Navy blue sports shorts
- Blue school t-shirt (The school t-shirt is embroidered with the school logo and is obtainable from the school office)
- A change of socks
- Navy Jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt may be worn for outdoor activities in cold weather (Please provide sun cream and hats for warm weather)
- Footwear to be both practical and appropriate
Whilst footwear will be worn when playing outdoor games activities, when working in the school hall the children will work in bare feet. Please inspect your child’s feet regularly for verrucas. If these are noticed, your child must wear a special verruca sock whilst the infection persists.
Long hair should be tied back during all PE lessons and earrings should be removed. If your child's earrings cannot be removed then you will need to provide your child with tape (e.g. micropore tape) to cover them.